Dallas, Traditional Swedish Crawfish Feast ("Kräftskiva") 2023
Swedish Crawfish Feast ("Kräftskiva")
Welcome to a wonderful evening of the most traditional festivities in Sweden, the Kräftskiva.
Crayfish parties are one of the highlights of the Swedish calendar. Every August Swedes go crazy putting on silly hats, lighting moon shaped paper lanterns, eating lots of fresh water crayfish, drinking beer and snaps and singing increasingly silly songs.
A crayfish party, called kräftskiva (the plural is kräftskivor), is a big event enjoyed by people of all ages. It should be held outside under the light of paper lanterns, but often rain or pesky mosquitoes lead people to abandon the idyllic setting for indoor comfort.
SACC Dallas' is excited to invite you to this traditional feast. The freshly caught Crawfish will be boiled from scratch Swedish traditional style with dill by expert members.
We choose May as freshly caught crawfish is in season in the U.S. at this time instead of in August as tradition has it in Sweden.
- Theme: Traditional Swedish Crawfish Feast
- Time & Date: Saturday, May 13, at 6:00 PM. We will start with a glass of champagne followed by a traditional Kräftskiva.
- Venue: My Possibilities, Plano
- Seating: First come first serve!
- Price: SACC Members $60 and non-members $75
- Includes: Fresh Crawfish cooked Swedish style, quiches, bread, cheese and dessert, Swedish candy, wine, beer, aquavit and coffee.
- Dress code: Smart Casual
- Bring: Optional additional beverage of your choice and snaps
- Registration: Register and pay before May 5, 2023.
We recommend that you arrange alternative transport to enjoy the evening fully - Uber / Lyft.
Welcome and looking forward to seeing you at the party!
On behalf of the entire SACC Dallas Board,
Date and Time
Saturday May 13, 2023
6:30 PM - 10:30 PM CDT
May 13th, 2022 at 6:00 PM
Price: SACC Members $60 and non-members $75