SACC Dallas - Speaker series: CEO Spotlight - Rashid Skaf
CEO Spotlight - Rashid Skaf, CEO and co-chairman of Biamp
Please join us for a fireside chat with Rashid Skaf who will share his success and the lessons learnt through his interesting life and career.
Rashid is a Dallas based industry veteran and entrepreneur at heart, with several successful exits and currently on yet another tremendous journey with his new company Biamp (www.biamp.com)
Throughout his career he has lead technology companies that have experienced tremendous global growth. He attributes his success to relentless focus on five important principles:
1. Shared Success – A company is more than a profit engine. Rather, it is a vehicle to fulfill the personal needs and aspirations of its investors, employees, and customers. Only by understanding each and carefully balancing them will a company maintain the long-term support and commitment of each group and in doing so, fulfill the company’s full potential.
2. Strategic Direction – A great product does not by itself make a great company. To maintain lasting relevance, a company must identify and commit to an enduring strategic mission that its products merely embody. During my career I developed and executed numerous strategic plans to grow companies from a single product line to solutions-based offerings that accomplished precisely this and renewed flagging franchises.
3. Culture Change – Understanding that people are the greatest asset of any company, I focus on transforming cultures to put people and their success at the top of our priorities. Organizations I have led were named the Best Place to Work in the United States for 6 consecutive years.
4. Energy & Risk Tolerance – Throughout my career, I’ve brought a consistent energy that inspired my teams. This gave the organizationsthe confidence to make bold moves in times of uncertainty, which ultimately translated to revenue growth.
5. Leadership – I’ve led organizations through difficult transitions & uncertain times. During my career, I’ve acquired 8 companies in 3 different countries, been acquired three times, turned around companies and lived through 2 recessions. Building trust, faith and leading from the front enables an organization to band together and gain confidence in its ability to achieve long-term goals despite short-term challenges.
Welcome to a very interesting evening - for the first time in collaboration with TexChange!
On behalf of the SACC DFW Board
Date and Time
Tuesday May 26, 2020 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT
This event will be held on Zoom and may be accessed here using the following credentials. No registration is required.
Meeting ID: 828 5862 8705
This is a free event. No registration is required; access information is provided above.